Hi there ! I'm Casper D Dog. I am a miniature American Eskimo Dog or Eskie for short. Welcome to my website! I am a fun loving little doggie. Read all about my adventures in my regular blog posts plus I have lots of pictures/videos to show you. You can also check out shirts and gift items from my shop or help us with our fundraising to help out other doggies.
Casper N Caboodle

Casper N Caboodle
Love dogs? Then you will love our stuff. Check out dog breed themed shirts, mugs, magnets, stickers, license plate frames, and other gift items from my shop.


Here are some designs from CasperNCaboodle. Click on each image on the left to go see the products available for each design.
American Eskimo Dog Wall Calendars
American Eskimo Dog Wall Calendar
American Eskimo Dog Wall Calendars featuring 12 full color pages of your favorite American Eskimo Dog. Perfect for any Eskie lover.
American Eskimo Dog Wall Calendar
Each month features an Eskie picture with colorful borders to make each month more special. Makes a great gift item!


American Eskimo Dog Wall Calendar
American Eskimo dogs love to have fun. Each calendar month features a different Eskie adventure!



American Eskimo Dog Keepsake Doll
American Eskimo Dog Keepsake Doll
Get your very own American Eskimo Dog Doll! Stuffed with real Eskie fur! Makes a great keepsake of your beloved furchild. A unique and personal collectible for any Eskie lover.

The following causes are very important to me so we have set up these fundraisers to help out my fellow doggies. These designs are available on shirts and other gift items and all commissions earned go to each cause.

Find A Cure For IMHAI was diagnosed with Evans Syndrome in 2006. It is a combination of IMHA/AIHA (Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia/Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia) and IMT/ITP (Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia/Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura). I was hospitalized for over a week and received numerous blood transfusions and a cocktail of immunosuppressants to save my life. I was weaned off the medications due to complications such as Cushings Disease but after a few months off the drugs, I relapsed again so I am currently back on medication. I continue to fight this disease everyday. There is no cure for this disease so please help support the fight for a cure. Meisha's Hope Fund and Morris Animal Foundation has teamed up to find a cure for IMHA with Autoimmune/Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia Fund #338. Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia is a serious blood disorder and scientists estimate over 50% of dogs diagnosed with it will die from the condition. Affected dogs show signs of weakness, lethargy, exercise intolerance and anorexia. This deadly blood disorder occurs when something triggers the dog's body to attack its own red blood cells. Despite aggressive immunosuppressive therapy, this disease has a very high mortality rate. Many dogs die shortly after diagnosis, so an effective early treatment is critical. All commissions earned from this design will go to the Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation.

American Eskimo Dog RescueEveryday, people are working together to rescue Eskies and to help them find their forever homes. Show your support for these wonderful people and organizations. All commissions earned from this cartoon American Eskimo dog design will go to Eskie Rescue.

Opt To AdoptMommie adopted me in 2005 and she always says it is the best thing ever. Loving dogs are waiting in shelters around the country to be adopted. Opt to adopt and make a loving forever home for these poor dogs. All commissions earned from this design will go to local animal shelters.

Here are some links that you may find interesting.

American Eskimo Dog Information

Check out information on American Eskimo Dogs. Learn all about our sizes, appearance, temperament, grooming needs and more.

Thinking Of Getting A Dog

Taking care of a dog is a BIG responsibility. Dogs are totally dependent on their masters their entire lives so there are a lot of things to consider. Here are some things to think about before getting a dog.

I would love to hear from you. You can add comments on my blog posts or drop me a line from here anytime!

Blog Posts Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Twitter
Google

Monday, June 13, 2011

Eskie Overboard!

Yesterday, we took Grandma on a rafting trip. It is the same rafting place we went to last year. Since I did so well the last time, we were excited to take Grandma on the same adventure. They provide life jackets for doggies too but they do not fit me. They are either too small or too big.

I love being up front and feeling the wind in my face. This year there were even more mosquitoes. Mommie had to keep batting them away from me. Good thing I have such a thick coat so when they would land on me she could swat them away before they could get near my skin to bite me.

Mommie even got me these spiffy new sunglasses so I would not have to squint. It's got Blue's Clues on the side earpieces with some pawprints. And it's in my favorite color, blue! They are perfect for me! 

We stopped on an island for lunch and I waded into the water and played with my ball. It was nice and refreshing to get my feet wet but I was careful not to get in too deep coz I did not want to get my head wet. But alas, it was not meant to be. Once we were back in the water our friends who were on another raft kept crashing into the trees on the water's edge. And one time when they were tangled in the trees, our raft also got swept by the current into them. Usually when we get near the edge Mommie tells me to leave the front part of the boat and sit at her feet but this time I did not move fast enough. When our rafts collided, I was thrown overboard. It was a shock to suddenly be under water. Good thing Mommie always keeps ahold of my leash when we are on the raft. So when I fell into the water she had a hold on me and the current did not sweep me away. Mommie was going to jump in after me but she saw me surface and I showed her I could swim back. I swam back to the raft with her guiding me using my harness. And she got on her tummy and bent over the front of the raft to reach for me and bring me back on board. Everyone else was busily keeping the tree branches from hitting them and trying to get out of the trees without tipping the rafts over. At first, they did not know I had fallen overboard. I was so scared but I kept my eyes on Mommie and swam back to her with all my might. She reach down to grab me and at first could not pull me up as I was too heavy so I climbed on her shoulders and soon I was in her arms safe and sound. We were both drenched. And I got a red spot on my belly from all the stress. Sniff! I rested on the raft for a couple of hours getting dried and recovering from the mishap. After that I was ready to enjoy myself again. And today my spot is gone. So all is good. Whew! What an adventure!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

Wow you had an adventure.

3:38 PM  
Blogger The Florida Furkids said...

Oh no! That had to be so scary!!! We're glad everything turned out okay.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

4:06 PM  
Blogger White Dog Blog said...

You are so brave! Keeping a clear head and swimming back to mommie and then climbing on her shoulders was SO smart! You are quite the extreme adventurer my friend, I am proud of you!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Casper, how frightening! Your mommy was so smart to keep your leash on you and to keep hold of the other end. So many people put their dogs in boats without leashes and they can so easily, as you say, just get swept away with the current. But how great that you kept your cool, didn't panic, and just swam right back--very impressive. You are such a brave and resourceful doggy! Sadie says "Go Casper!!!"

Auntie Marilyn

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever swum before, Casper, or was this your very first time? If so, you're all the more to be commended for being so clever.

Auntie Marilyn & Sadie

12:05 PM  
Blogger tegan said...

Oh my goodness Casper...what an adventure you had! We're so glad you're okay. That had to be very scary for everyone. Whew.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Prints the Cat said...

Oh my goodness! That was an adventure I must say. My heart was beating when I was reading your post. I'm so glad you're okay Casper. How scary that was for everyone.

Well, in an odd way it's neat you found out you can swim.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Shane Kent Louis said...

hey your so adventurous ah..nice keep it up! :)

Dog Fence

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home